SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Steamrolled

I got a chance to meet Eliot Spitzer last year.

We shot a short interview with him at his East 40th Street office for the Children's Hospital at Montefiore.




I am a hardcore Democrat, and I had really looked forward to the shoot,
primarily because I admired some of the things he had been able to achieve as a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office. Especially all of his work exposing the widespread corruption on Wall Street.

However, I must say that when I met the man in person, I found him rather arrogant, and not at all what I expected.

I really don't feel sorry for him.

I also don't feel much sympathy for the high priced call girl he slept with on Valentine's Day eve, Ashley Alexandra Dupre. (Pictured Below) Like Eliot, she made a conscious choice to go down the road that she did.




This guy has certainly fucked up a very promising career, but I think more importantly he has screwed up his entire life.

The four people I feel most sympathy for are his wife Silda and their three young daughters.




Can you imagine what must be going on in the Spitzer household?

I bet you can cut the tension with a knife.

However, there is a famous saying in Washington.

The only thing that can end your career in politics is to get caught with a dead girl, or a live boy.

By those standards, Eliot might still have a chance.

I think his next obvious step is to run for President.




If he does decide to run ...

I think I have the perfect VP choice for a dream ticket.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i so relish in your p.o.v.

post more
my only "complaint"

and as for spitzer:
1-you are remarkable, no background
check or stat-connect required

so he obviously is shady, weak
or worse...both!

and
2: his wife is most likely an enabler...his daughters, on the
other hand...they are the real victims!

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

6:33 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

What a post, Peter. i like your humour with it. And i feel sad for the family, too.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home