SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Thursday, September 07, 2006

CRIKEY! CROCS RULE!


I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
--Steve Irwin

I am a bit weary of all the political crap out there right now.

The Republicans are distancing themselves from Bush and his administration.

(Where were they when Richard "Dick" Cheney was giving away no bid contracts to Kellogg Brown & Root and Halliburton?)




(Where were they when this pathetic moron was entertaining fat oil executives as the Halliburton blob?)




The Clinton era Democrats are upset at ABC's "made for TV" movie about the lead up to 9/11

(Where were they when ABC's "Family Matters" made its debut?)




(Where was Sandy Berger when ABC's "Cop Rock" poisoned the TV dial?)




What really jumps out at me, and makes me very sad, is the death of Steve Irwin. My heart goes out to his wonderful wife Terri and his two great kids.




I have been lucky enough to have a chance to scuba dive with the type of stingray that killed Steve when I was in the Cayman Islands. You have more of a chance of being hit by lighting twice than to be killed by the barb on a stingray's tail. Australia has only ever seen only two stingray deaths (Including Steve's) in their recorded history.

This guy definitely was a character. Many people questioned his methods, but he certainly had a true love for all animals great and small. I really respect that.








If you have a passion, and a strong love for something, you are certainly doing something right. When you really take the time to think about it, passion for life and love are the two things that can never be fully corrupted in this world.

Sure ... you can have your heart broken. Like Steve, you might even have to give your life for what you love. However, what really is the alternative? Live your lives never taking any chances? The only thing that will guarantee you is that you will never feel the true highs of life, and that is truly a waste.

For those of you who don't agree, there will always be an opening as the Halliburton blob.

4 Comments:

Blogger Indie Mom said...

Nice post about Steve. I'm still so sad as my teens grew up watching him on one of 3 TV channels we had when we lived overseas in the 90's. Some claim he was 'acting'. I never saw that. I saw passion and love. And I'm grateful for the positive impact he made on my children -- before reality TV, Fox News and drug company propaganda hogged the airwaves.

2:01 AM  
Blogger B* said...

That last video clearly demonstrates that he was NOT ACTING!!

I know he's been blogged about ad nauseum but he really did have that kind of following.

When he dangled his baby in front of that croc, I still "got" him.

He's one of the few celebs I know of who's evoked this kind of outpouring of emotion internationally....I guess after Princess Di.

He'll definately be missed!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

I agree.

Everybody will miss the guy.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Manda Han said...

brilliant statement Peter & thanks for the video clips - we don't get a good TV recption up where I live so I am so glad you put those on.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home