SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Perhaps Economics 101 should have been offered at Bayside High

I know that this post is completely off my usual list of topics. However, this story is almost too stupid to believe.

Whether you will openly admit it on not, I know that all of you have seen "Saved by the Bell”. For those of you pretending not to know what I am talking about, it was a ridiculously cheesy 80s sitcom based on the zanny madcap lives of the kids of Bayside High School.

The cast has all gone on to great things:

- Mark-Paul Gosselaar ... “Commander in Chief” … well it was just cancelled.

-Mario Lopez ... Accused of date raping a girl. Otherwise … nada.

-Elizabeth Berkley ... "Show Girls" … a quality movie … if a story and characters are not that important to you.

-Tiffani Amber Thiessen … Topless photos and many bit parts in movies where her top is featured.

Wait … You ask, “What about Screech?”

-Dustin Diamond (A.K.A. Screech)

Diamond was recently evicted from his home in Port Washington, Wisconsin. He has recently appeared on Howard Stern’s show to tell his woeful tale and hock some T-Shirts in hopes of fending off the foreclosure.

Call me an ass, but I think this guy must be completely out of his mind. That guy was on that stupid show for 5 full seasons. THEN he was in "Saved by the Bell – The College Years". AND THEN, he was the only original cast member to be featured in 7 full seasons of the final spin off "Saved by the Bell – The New Class".

On his website Dustin complains about this guy from the NYCE, and how he dropped the ball. DUDE … Who was your financial planner ... Kenneth Lay?

Diamond claimed to have made nearly $2 million for the run on the Saturday morning show, but he told Stern that his parents took all but 25 percent of his earnings.

Loser

LOSER

SUPER LOSER

There is no way I am going to buy a T-Shirt or an advertising brick on this moron’s web site. In fact, I am considering buying those DVDs that teach you how to buy real estate, pennies on the dollar, by going to foreclosure auctions .

16 Comments:

Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

sadly, i must admit that i went to his website. and as many times as i read the story it made no sense: banks don't come foreclose on your house when the value of your house goes up... they only do it when you don't pay the mortgage.

and, if he had half a brain, he'd get himself an agent and find himself some commercials to be in. LOSER

11:12 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

that's how I got rich.

if you want to know my secret simply send me $399 to po box 9999, roxio, CA 95999

12:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I swear to god, I never saw ANY of those shows..they were so cheesy even stoned they sucked. :p

As a former paralegal for a Bankruptcy attorney I know the man is full of shit. And he must really be felony dumb if he can't file a Chapter 13 and save the house...or he can't prove his income,which the court would demand. All that money and he didn't own his house outright? WHAT A MAROON !

1:49 PM  
Blogger Dreamlover said...

Poor Screech, did he actually lose it??

3:48 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Dreamlover is going to buy a T-shirt ... I just know it.

4:11 PM  
Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

peter, let's buy screech's house at the foreclosure auction. we can leave new york, get you that dog you like, and find someone to make you a lot of babies while i dit home and knit with my cat by my feet.

5:23 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

groan
screech is the personification of fingernails on the blackboard.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Dreamlover said...

lol, I was tempted but then I remembered he was on some shpw on Vh1 just last year.

What is he doing with his money??

8:52 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Alyssa-

A) I think you have been watching too many episodes of "Big Love" on HBO recently.

B) You definitely have a romantisized view of me. I think it was because the only day you saw me I was directing a commercial. It's the Martin Scorsese effect. In real life, I am nothing to shake a stick at.

Dream lover-

A) Are you sure you did not buy a signed T-shirt and an advertising brick from the web site?

B) He apparently spends all of his money on bubble bath liquid, candles and red wine. I might feel a little sorry for him, but when I listened to the very first line of this video I wanted to see him eat government cheese out of a dirty piece of aluminium foil.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i wana laugh & cry @ the same time.

1:45 AM  
Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

peter, i prefer to keep you in my mind as that love thang i met shooting the commercial, wearing the j. crew sweater; that image of you is seared into my heart forever. ;-)

take the compliment.

11:43 AM  
Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

This is funny! I have more sympathy for him than you do though. Lots of people have that type of dire financial problem, precisely because they don't teach about money in schools. Why is the topic ignored? It makes no sense to me.

I liked his website...and bet he's getting a fair number of donations that way... People are just dieing to give their money away.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ranting said...

fantastic post! LMAO!!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Reason No. 6,130 why i haven't watched TV in about six years. I have never seen this show. And after skimming this post (you're right, not typical for your insightful bloggings but that's OK) i'm really glad of that.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home