SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Monday, May 29, 2006

Have a good Memorial Day everybody

What is most important today is this - That we remember the deaths of all 2466 men and women of the armed services who have lost their lives in the Iraq War since March 2003. (1943 of these have been due to hostile action, according to military sources.)



Underclass Navy midshipmen "rest their eyes" as they listen to the commencement address delivered by Vice President Dick Cheney during the graduation ceremony of the 2006 class of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., Friday, May 26, 2006. (AP Photo/Chris Gardner)



Boston College professors hold signs in silent protest as Secretary of State Rice speaks during commencement ceremonies at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts May 22, 2006. (Brian Snyder/Reuters)

I knew there was something I liked about Boston.

And finally ... Here is something for Nicki who one-upped me on an immigration issue.


10 Comments:

Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

I was glad to hear about that silent protest. Here in Boston, people aren't afraid to speak their minds:) Happy Memorial Day.

11:15 PM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

I was glad to hear about that silent protest. Here in Boston, people aren't afraid to speak their minds:) Happy Memorial Day.

11:15 PM  
Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

i would voice an opinion, but since you're avoiding me i can pretend to avoid you.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Lone beader ... you can say that again. I like that turtle by the way.

Grumpy Alyssa ... I'm not avoiding you. I spent most of today debating the reasons why I want to piss on Michelle Malkin's head ... and then I did my laundry ... played a little tennis ... went out to dinner with a friend. Did I miss some event that I did not know about?

12:33 AM  
Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

i told you i thought you were avoiding. you told me i was wrong. then, when you didn't commment on my recent post over at GG, i knew you were in avoidance.

s'okay. come back when you're ready. may the force be with you.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Oh ... oh ... I will go there now.

Here I go.

12:44 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

Peter, glad you like my turtle! It is actually a beaded button that I designed myself. You can view it up close in my portfolio:)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Manda Han said...

So the dog in the pic isnt yours!

Good posts on here keep them coming I find it very interesting!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

One day Amanda ... one day.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

great video. thank you.

it did forget to mention we slaughtered all the indians though. not a good thing to do when you come to a new country.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home