SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fashion Week ends ... Thank God

I spent most of last week at one fashion show after another.

We were filming several of the shows for a French film company.

You can easily tell the sexuality of every man at a fashion show.

If he is looking at the clothes ... Gay
If he is looking at the girls ... Straight

On Saturday it was Lacoste and Y3 by Yamamoto.

On Monday it was Alberta Ferretti
(Beautiful models and excellent music*)
*Check out "Someone Great" by LCD Soundsystem
-available at itunes-

In my humble opinion*, I would have gone for "North American Scum" (Kris Menace Remix) by LCD Soundsystem instead.
-also available at itunes on the North American Scum EP-
It has a much better beat for the thumping heeled hooves of teenage girls.
*Disclaimer ... This is coming from someone who calls fashion rocking a pair of Levis 501s and a white button down Ralph Lauren shirt.

And to round out the good times ... on the night of September 11th, for my birthday, I had unpleasant honor of sitting through the Just Sweet show.

For those of you who are fortunate enough not to know, Just Sweet is Jennifer Lopez's new line of "clothing".

This show was so tacky, that I had trouble even concentrating on the beautiful women. You really had to feel sorry for the young girls that had to wear this stuff.

The one exception was most likely this model (Pictured below)



I think the photographer standing next to me must have taken this shot.

Jennifer showed her ass once again with this line of garbage.



Then again ... with a stud muffin like Marc Anthony as a husband ... how can you go wrong?




I love these two youtube clips from the 2006 and 2007 fashion weeks done by local comedian Dave Hill.





Funny stuff.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Too funny! I love the pretension of it all. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next year. I don't know. Do they let just anyone in?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Find Jesus! Save your soul! or Soles- what kind of shoes do you wear with those levis and rl white button up- for the true RL look- pair the white button up with VINTAGE levis 501s. (I used to work at RL-vintage division, I spent many a day assessing vintage 501s)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

people have to clap for JLO because they are sheep. taht is HIDEOUS! Was it marked Trailer Wear Line?

and mark is Trailer Wear line too.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Mary - The answer is: No ... they do not. They only will admit riff-raff like myself ... and Marc Anthony

Betty - I have the vintage Levis 501s. Then I dare to defy all fashion rules by pairing that outfit with dark brown Sperry boat shoes.

Tanya - There are people in tractor trailer parks, that look at Marc Anthony and shake their head in disbelief.

On the other hand ... He is single handedly responsible for buying most of the chocolate brown silk shirts and suits being produced in Malaysia. Without him their economy would surely collapse.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tumuli said...

Music and sartorial disasters. Nothing like it.

3:32 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I'm interested in fashion, but I buy my clothes at stores like H&M and Forever 21.

God, my life seems so banal. I think I'll go back to bed.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

Just came by to say hello on Sunday the 16th, Peter !
Left you an honorable mention on my erotica blog today !
Couldn't stop writing after all... My hormones wouldn't let me :)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home