SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Good, The SuperBad and the Ugly

So far, this has been a slow week of work for me, so I decided to see a couple movies in the theater.

Last weekend I went to see "SuperBad".



I thought the actors and filmmakers combined to make a very funny movie. I think they did a great job of showing the many facets of the true High School experience. I certainly felt homesick for homeroom. It is the perfect movie to see if you need some really good laughs.

Be warned that this film contains one of the best jokes involving Tiananmen Square in the history of cinema.

To balance out the excellent but sophomoric humor of "SuperBad", this afternoon I went to "No End in Sight".



This film was intelligent and powerful. I urge everyone to take the time to see this film on DVD or in the theater.

It contains interviews with many of the people closest to President Bush in the days leading up to, and throughout the Iraq War.

Some of the most credible interviewees: former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage; former Iraq ambassador Barbara Bodine; retired Gen. Jay Garner; Marine Lt. Seth Moulton; and Colin Powell's chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson.

Left wingers will find themselves shaking their heads throughout the film. At other times you might find yourself in tears, like I did.

Right wingers MIGHT be impressed by the honest interviews with Richard Armitage, and several career soldiers (Army and Marines). Their insightful comments clearly demonstrate the stupidity of the high level decisions made throughout the invasion and occupation.

Frankly, I would hope at this point that you don't need your own catastrophic loss to see the writing on the wall.

In fact, if you can sit through this whole movie and still blindly support the Iraq War ... I strongly suggest you go fight and die for it.

Frankly I am sick to death of the uninformed morons who sit in the safety of this country, on their inactive fat asses, and stubbornly support this war. If it is that important to you, go fight and die for it. God knows it would raise the collective intelligence level of this country if you did.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home