SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bum Rap (No pun intended)

Far be it for me to stand up for a Republican Senator, but I really think that Larry Craig (R-Idaho) is being treated extremely unfairly.

For those of you who do not already know what happened, Senator Larry Craig (Mug shot below) was arrested on June 11th by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd conduct in a men's restroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.




A Capitol Hill newspaper reported Monday that Senator Craig was arrested at the Minneapolis airport after the undercover police officer noticed a man in a restroom stall tapping his foot, which the officer called a "known signal to engage in lewd conduct".

I HAVE THREE THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER.

1) There is no way I am going to listen to my ipod video in the men’s bathroom ever again.

2)There is NO WAY that Senator Craig is gay.

Senator Craig ...

* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to the definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include all sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

If he was ... he would be a hypocrite.

3) I think they should ask the arresting officer (Pictured below) how he knows about the secret signal to engage in gay sex.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

Peter,
Ha-ha-ha, and true, that was good !!!!
Excellent points you brought up, btw !
(I think there MUST be more to the story than we have been told.)
Hope that you have a great Wednesday -- it'll definitely be better than Senator Craig's... :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

This is the full police report.

If I was a betting man, I would say that the senator was looking for sex in the bathroom.

However, I thought the news story had more funny elements than serious ones.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I had no idea about the "toe tapping" signal....

So, Bill had "non-sex sex" with that "woman" and he remained in office, but someone "taps a little toe" in the bathroom stall and they should resign? I don't get it.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You are funny...

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home