SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Cold Cash

After railing for months against Congressional corruption under Republican rule, Democrats on Capitol Hill are divided on how far their proposed ethics overhaul should go.

Those for the new ethics rules:

Representative Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, promised “the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.”

Senator Barack Obama, the Illinois Democrat, said he was pushing for changes with more teeth.

Those against them:

Representative John P. Murtha, Democrat of Pennsylvania, was embarrassed by disclosures last week that he had dismissed the leadership proposals with a vulgarity at a private meeting.

Senator Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who will oversee any proposal as the incoming chairwoman of the Rules Committee, said she was opposed to an independent Congressional ethics watchdog.

I have a strong feeling that I can accurately guess what House Democrat William J. Jefferson (Rep Louisiana’s 2nd congressional district) thinks of these new proposals.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Myself said...

I've got one question for you:

What do you think about this?
http://omidmemarian.blogspot.com/2006/11/absue-of-power-in-ucla-have-you-heard.html

3:39 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

What do I think?

I think that kid needs a really good lawyer … and then a good financial planner.

That is a wild story. It usually takes a TASER gun to get students into the library.

I often regret not going to UCLA or USC. I got into both of them, but decided to attend a university in CT.

After reading this article, it would seem that UCLA might not have been the best choice either.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Myself said...

I ased you because it was a lot of discussion among Iranian community. I'm not agree with not following law but I think it's not fare to use Taser gun for such a fault.

A lot of Iranians were blaming student.

I wanted to know the openion of one non-Iranian who lives in USA.

Thanks you

2:19 AM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

I agree that it is not fair to use a TASER gun against a student.

I was obviously not there, but that seems really over the line to me.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home