SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Pure Evil

I normally try not to stray from the subject of politics on this blog, but today I must make an exception. Upon hearing about the death of this wonderful little girl, Jamie Rose Bolin (Pictured below), I find that I can write of nothing else.



"Regarding a potential motive, Purcell police Chief David Tompkins said, "this appears to have been part of a plan to kidnap a person, rape them, torture them, kill them, cut off their head, drain the body of blood, rape the corpse, eat the corpse, then dispose of the organs and bones."

Kevin Ray Underwood, 26, was arrested Friday after investigators found Jamie's body in the closet of a bedroom in his apartment, authorities said. The girl's unclothed body was inside a large plastic tub, along with a towel used to soak up blood, officials said.

Investigators believe she died Wednesday, after being hit several times with a wooden cutting board, then suffocated with duct tape and her killer's hand. She was sexually assaulted after she died, officials said.

They have had to heavily sedate Jamie's father. He was said to have lived for his daughter, and some relatives believe this will be the end of him. My heart goes out to him. If I was Jamie's father, there is no doubt in my mind that Kevin Ray Underwood would die by my hand.

I am normally against the death penalty. The reason I oppose it, is because there are too many examples of false convictions. I don’t even think they should put Zacarias Moussaoui to death, if only because that piece of garbage wants to die a martyr.

However, I firmly believe this murder case would be a good time to use cruel and unusual punishment. Kevin Ray Underwood is slime. In fact, calling him that is an insult to slime. This guy should be made to feel great pain. Torturing and killing this guy slowly on public television is the only punishment I see that fits this act. Whether we sentence him to death or not, this guy’s days are numbered. Prison justice was invented for just this type of situation.

5 Comments:

Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

I have got to tell you, I am REPULSED by this. I cannot imagine what that family must be going through. I was going to write something about it, but I cannot do it justice.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Why Michelle?

I cannot do it justice, and I didn't let that stop me!

7:13 PM  
Blogger J said...

Stories like this one are why I tend to avoid watching the news. I read my news online or hear it on NPR. It's the video of interviews with the surviving families that I can't take. It rips my heart out. This kind of stuff makes me cynical and makes me hateful and suspicious of everyone I see that I don't already know.

Although, I tend to think that the death penalty would definitely be too good for this muck puddle of a man. Prison will be closer to justice. Put him in the general population of some max security prison and he will suffer what he deserves.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Amen for prison justice
this is the most horrifing story I have heard in a long time. I often wonder what is happening in the world to produce such horror.

12:05 AM  
Blogger @alyssa ettinger said...

i have serious issues with prison justice (as well as the death penalty, truth be told). aren't we the only civilized nation to have the death penalty? what gives us the right to kill someone, even if that person has committed heinous crimes? a lot of people will counter by saying that it's what the criminal deserves (and i do think the victim's family should be able to be left alone in a room with him...) but the government, *our* government? i don't trust this government to make decisions that are good for the people.

others will counter by saying that we shouldn't have to pay to keep people like this in prison. well, yes, we should. there is a price for living in a civilized society; i'd much rather see my tax $$ going towards keeping us safe than going towards an unjust war. shouldn't this kind of case be what homeland security is for?

finally, in regard to prison justice. if we're going to follow the laws of this country, and a criminal is given a certain amount of time in prison (life, for example), then that is what we me honor. it's not ok to let other prisoners rip him to shreds because we feel that's what he deserves. i'm not saying people like this don't deserve to be ripped to shreds, but allowing criminals like this (and, in the same vein, jeffrey dahmer)to be put into general population is a death sentence. if we are a nation of laws then we must follow these laws. if we don't like them, lobby and change them.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home